Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rough Ride

Met up with Ross this morning and headed out onto the trail at Branched Oak. The first lap was felt nice(except for a wipe out around a turn when rolling over some walnuts) and the temp was perfect for riding. Towards the end of the first lap I started to feel a little sick to my stomach and tired but kept going thinking it would pass. By the time we got 1/4 the way into the second lap I felt like heaving and could barely keep myself peddling. Ross got way in front of me but I kept on a made it through the second lap. After the second lap I was depating of going out for a third but decided if I didn't I wouldn't feel very good about myself. I'm glad I decided to keep going. For some reason the third lap felt great and I got myself all situated. We ended up doing about 15 miles.

After we finished we experimented with my bike by dropping the headset. I felt like I was just riding to high. So we lowered it a bit and I'm going to try it out tommorow in Wilderness and see if it is good or if I should bring it down more. I think its going to help me move on the downhills faster. I kinda wish I would have tried this at the start of the season.

Gotta go. I'm going to try to put up some pictures of Ross kicking my ass this morning later.

Harp

No comments: