Monday, September 3, 2007

Thinking while I ride

Headed out this morning about 7:30 am to hit the local spot wilderness park. Today was an awesome ride. The legs felt great and I was able to run with some good speed. I felt very comfy on the bike today around the tighter winding sections of the track.

One thing that I did notice today was that when I went out it was still kinda cool. It makes start to think that the season is coming to an end. And as I rode today I thought about how I have improved over the course of the sumer. Mountain bike riding for me in May was just about a way to exercise and get into better shape. I bought a cheap bike at target and started riding. Then as I started to ride more I realized how much I enjoyed doing it and that I wasn't doing it just to stay in shape but that I was doing it because I wanted to. Then I took my first trip to wilderness park and rode some offroad track. It was all over then. I had to go out and get a better bike and I started to ride it everday and started to think about racing. Which I have done 3 races this season and finshed 2 (I dnf'ed the first one because of mechanical problems) with one third place finish in the beginner open category of the psycowpath race series.

What really made me think about how I have improved today is going through wilderness there is really only 4 techinal sections of the track. The first time I went down there I saw the first section and said no way and walked my bike. Slowly I took on the next one and the next and the next. When I first started going through the techincal sections I went slow and all brakes the whole way. Know is like I don't even have brakes on the bike.

I guess what this is all about is that I have improved alot over this summer. I might even do a couple of late races (i hope). And that with a good offseason of training I can't wait until next season when I can really challenge myself and become a better racer.

Thanks for putting up with this trip down memory lane.

Later

No comments: