Monday, August 18, 2008

Ride with Lex & a core workout

My original plan for today was to get up early before work and get a good hour of intervals in but that didn't happen. I ended up getting to bed late and I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm went off and told myself there was no way I was going to be worth anything on the bike if I went out and would just be disapointed so I reset the alarm and was back to sleep. As I went through my training plan for the week I decieded it wouldn't be a bad idea to take it easy today and just spend some time hanging with the kids. They go back to school on wed. and we had the open house tonight. After that was done we got home and my wife started dinner and my daughter Alexis and I headed out for a ride. We only rode a little bit but they are always some of my favorites. It's nice to head out and listen to her talk about any and everything. I had to take my road bike since my mtb is at the shop getting the new bling put on it. I need to get a cruiser bike for these casual rides with the kids. I always feel like it's a bit overkill when I go out on my race bikes. We have these at the shop and if there are any left after the season I might have to pick one up to help clear the inventory. And they are super comfy.

When everything was done tonight I did do my core workout routine with some adjustments. I haven't done a core workout for about 2 months + and at the last race I started to have some of the back and side pains that I wasn't having when I kept the core muscles in check. Plus I've been feeling heavy and pudgy lately. I think some of it is my fear of losing all the progress I've made. The core workout really kicked my ass and I'm going to feel it in the morning. I need to make sure that I get these workouts in at least 3 times a week. I always feel better when I'm getting them done.

Tomorrow the plan is to head out on the road bike to the pcl tuesday night crits and enter the pain cave for a while. The guys that do these are some serious roadies with some definate speed. I'm just going to go and see how long I can stay with them. It's really gonna hurt but in that "good" way that we all know about. It will be interesting.

Harp

No comments: