Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's always something


Yeah that's a crack in my seatpost if you can't tell. It seems like there is always something on the bike that needs to be fixed. Luckily I had a spare carbon post that came with the new frame so I was able to put it on and keep moving. I had the fork rebuilt on my mountain bike on Saturday and was able to test it out on Sunday and it is working great.

Not a whole lot exciting happening lately to post about lately. I had a good weekend of some solid training and then I was able to meet up with my teammate Rick to put in a couple hours of time last night. I was hoping to be able to get out for the PCL crits tonight before I start to taper for this weekends races but a trip to the dentist didn't go very well and I'm sitting at home on pain killers with instructions to take it easy. We'll see how that goes.


But I guess it's not all bad I needed the rest anyways. I've felt a bit tired lately and it was nice to be able to come home and rest. I was still able to make dinner for the family. I decided I needed to make something that relaxed me so it was time for fresh pasta. Something I love to make but haven't taken the time to. It turned out really good even though I couldn't really enjoy it that much. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for a little time on the bike but if I'm still taking the drugs that probably won't happen.

I got my fingers crossed. Later.

Harp

1 comment:

Judi said...

hey, least you got painkillers. i am sick. i know.