Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Real Post

I will be the first to admit that I have been neglecting my blog lately and I don't even have a good excuse for it. I've been off work since last Monday but with all of the holiday stuff going on and being out of town for Christmas I've just haven't posted.

I don't really have much going on. I'm trying to get into a little more of a regular training plan were as of late I've just been kind of going with whatever felt right for the day. I am looking at this off season a bit differently than I have others in the past. Lately I've really just been focusing more on my base and core than going down and blasting out intervals for an hour. Instead I'm doing more longer sessions and focusing on maintaing a steady pace for the entire length of the workout. I'm hoping I'm going in the right direction. It looks like I'm not going to be getting the coach that I was hoping for (lack of funds) but I'm committing myself to setting up a plan and sticking to it.
On the actual riding front I'm very frustrated. I haven't been out on my bike outside in over a 3 weeks. We've gotten dumped on with significant snowfall twice now and along with the cold temps it is forcing me onto the trainer. I am going absolutely nuts. I need to get outside to remind myself why I'm going through all of this torture in the basement. I heard on the weather report that there is more snow possible in the forecast and that the first 4 days of the new year are going to be the coldest days we've had yet. I'm hoping that after that we get a break for at least a couple of days so I can get out.

Other than that I'm also focusing on getting back on a regular and better diet plan. I have not been behaving very well lately when it comes to my diet and I'm feeling very flabby in the mid section. It's going to help that my wife also wants to diet and lose weight so it will help that we won't be buying anything that doesn't fit into the diet plans that I am laying out for us.

One last thing is that I got myself a christmas present of a new camera. I got a sweet deal on a black friday special on a Samsung SL720. It's got all the options I was looking for. It will be much easier to take videos with too which should help to keep thing a bit more interesting on the blog plus more pictures again also help. Like Judi says "blogs without photos are boring". I got it about a month ago and have been playing around with it. I got a couple of videos that I took that I'll put up later. Nothing to exciting though.

That's about it for tonight. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Later.

Harp

1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

Good luck with all that Harp and Happy New Year.

-B