Friday, July 2, 2010

Cornhusker State Games Time Trial: Race Report

On Saturday I headed back out to Yutan to see how I would do a second time around on the same time trial course this time for the cornhusker state games. The temperature this time was a lot warmer and I thought that they may work for an advantage for me since I usually do well in the heat.
After getting in a good warm-up on the trainer and then it was time to line up. When I got to the line and they set me off I quickly got to what I decided ahead of time would be my heart rate range they I knew I would be able to hold for the whole time based off what I did last time. The problem was that this time I realized I wasn't feeling as good and even though I could hold the heart rate in the correct zone I just didn't have the power that I did last time and I knew I wasn't going near as fast.
The course was out and back again and this time the wind was in my face on the way out and then at our backs on the way to the finish and I was really struggling in the wind and I knew I wasn't putting in a good time even though I was flying back with the wind behind me. I finished in 55:52 for the 21.67 mile course.
When the results were posted I finished in 5th again. I felt like I could definitley done better. I'm not sure what the problem was but I still really feel like the individual TT is something that I can really excel at.

No comments: