Monday, March 12, 2012

Changes

I haven't posted on this blog for almost a year. A lot has changed since then. For the most part of last year and so far this year I have barely ridden my bike and racing has been really put on the back burner.



The quick story of last season is that I got hurt in a race at the beginning of the season and was off the bike for about 3 weeks. Then life got in the way. I took another job and with that on top of my full time job and being a full time student I just had to put the bike aside and get back to being a chef for a while.


What I have learned over the past year though is that I need to find balance. I need to not act like I'm a pro cyclist and put pressure on myself to reach un-attainable goals and sacrifice my job and family. I'm a father, husband and chef first and those things will take priority in my life.


I do want to and will ride and race my bike. In fact I haven't even posted since on this since I made the jump to a 29er. I want to ride and race my bike more just because it made me feel better. Over the past year I fell back into a lot of bad habits and without riding I have managed to gain 45 lbs from were I was when I was in top form. So my goal for my bike now is to get back in the saddle and get back into shape so I feel better and plus I enjoy racing but I will definetly look at it in a different light. All I know is that I need to back on it and get back in shape. To put it all in persective here are a couple of pics. One from 2008 when I was in probably my best shape and the second is from a little over a week ago. I plan on tracking a lot of my progress on the blog as things

progress.




2009




2012



2 comments:

LookingatLife said...

Good to have you back on the blog. We all have to keep in mind why we started cycling, it was fun and good exercise. Enjoy you life and your time back on the saddle.

BB said...

Join us in CAT II and just have fun. Family, life, work and a bit of fun mixed in = balance.

Nice to see you up and running again, Brandon.