Saturday, January 5, 2008

Crunchy Snow

Headed out to wilderness park this morning to try and do some trail riding. The Trail was icy and pretty slick in most parts and was a little frustrating cause I couldn't really get any speed like I'm used to doing from the park. If I got my f4ront tire into the crunchy snow on the side of the trail I was sliding all over and ended up hitting the ground a few times. I rode today with a couple of new freinds Rob and Justin. Very good guys who I will probably be racing with this season. It was a fun ride today with some new friends but it didn't really do much for me in the training department so I think I'm going to do my core workout later tonight and a gravel grinder tomorrow AM and try to get some good hard miles in. I'm going to wait for any road riding until I get the road bike in. Gotta go and take the wife to the movies since the kids are still gone till tomorrow. Here's some picks from todays ride. Later.

Rob and Justin waiting for me to finish getting ready.

Justin making it through a creek bed that I slipped on.



The crunchy snow packed jamaica trail on the way back to the parking lot.




Harp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ride Yesterday! It was nice to get out and meet some new people to ride with. We will have to hit the trail again if it thaws and refreezes.

Maybe we can hit the paved trails in town next weekend.

Rob

Harp said...

sounds like a good idea