Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nothing like a new bike

Got the new road bike in today. I can't wait to get it out and see how it feels on the road. I've never really spent much time on a road bike so I'm interested to see how it goes. Of course it's probably going to be a while since I did't see any temps getting out of the teens with some winds and more snow for the next week when I looked at the forecast. I am curious to see how much faster I can get through my road route that I had been doing on the bolinas. This is the 07 model of the marin portofino. The 08 looks a lot different. They changed the shape of the tubing on the 08. It is just the stock bike with the only change (for now) is the pedals. I added the crankbrothers quattro pedals. Here's some pics I took when I brought it in and parked it in my little basement office for a while.






Later. Harp

4 comments:

Bluenoser said...

That's great Harp. You can never have enough bikes. They all do their job in a different way.

You'll notice a big difference riding on the road with this over the mountain bike.

Cycling Phun said...

Very nice... I have to admit I'm partial to silver bikes, my road bike is silver. I'm also partial to sushi, I had sushi today, I have no idea why I felt compelled to share that, but there you have it.

shadetreewrench said...

congratulations. is that stem have an adjustable joint or are my eyes fooling me? i agree with c-p, the color looks great.

Harp said...

It does have an adjustable top tube. kinda surprised me too. I'm going to ride it some more before I decide if I want to change it or not.