Saturday, December 27, 2008

Arrhhh

So yesterday when I was getting ready to leave to go ride (outside finally) I was going down the steps and went around the landing and down the next set into the basement. I stopped at the top of the second step and was talking to my daughter. I didn't have my shoes on yet and when I was standing on the edge of the landing in my socks I slipped and fell hard down the steps. On my way down I smacked my elbow into the landing and fell on the steps with all my weight on the right side of my ass. I get up knowing that it hurt but shacked it off and was more embarressed than hurting. My wife was doing one of those asking if I was ok while trying not to laugh. Nice. I went ahead on my ride with no real notice of anything wrong except when I got home and took off my arm warmers I noticed there was blood on my elbow. I went out put in 1.5 hours on the mountain bike. I stayed on the paved trails fearing the gravel roads would be a muddy mess from all the melting snow and ice with the temps in the high 50's (later finding out from Ryan the roads were in good shape). For some reason I don't like riding the paved in town trails.

When I woke up this morning and got out of bed everything was different. My elbow hurts and my ass and back are killing me. I didn't know if I would be able to ride today or not. I had to work at the shop and was only planning on being there till about 1 or 2 and ended up staying until close at 5 but it was no big deal I am in no shape to train even if I had the time. So today is an unexpected rest day. I hope to get back to training tomorrow. I need to. I weighed myself when I got up today and I actually have gained 5 lbs since last week. I didn't really control my eating very well over the holiday but am back on track now. I just keep reminding myself that my first race is less than 11 weeks away.

I'm now going to spend the rest of my night working on a new training plan. Got Friel's book in the mail today via amazon. We'll see if it works.

2 comments:

millhouse said...

I got that book for Christmas. We'll have to compare notes.

Bluenoser said...

Look after that elbow harp. It takes a lot of abuse on rides.

-B