Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Keeping loose

Today was one of those days that just seemed to be a long day at work but not to bad. I think I'm just excited to race this weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday wasn't originally planned but I'm playing the good teammate roll and racing not one but 2 short road races on Sunday.

On Saturday I have the much anticipated Bone Bender 3/6. I'm of course doing the 6 hour version. I have only done one 6 hour race before. It was last season and didn't go very well. I had my typical stomach/nutrition problems and I had my bike for only a few days before the event and I didn't have it dialed in and the saddle wasn't broken in and really was hurting me.
I have put a lot of thought into this race and have some different plans. Hopefully I have a better experiance this time.

On Sunday I have a team time trial on Sunday morning. Originally I was only going to do the time trial as a fourth member at the beginning and lead the team out for as long as I can and then fall off the back and let them finish. The teams time is taken when the 3rd rider comes through. Know we are short a rider and now I'm the 3rd rider and have to try and put out a good ride. Hopefully I can function after 6 hours on Sunday.

On Sunday afternoon I have another short 25 min. Crit race that's only a few blocks from the new shop. I'm pretty much only doing this race to help the other rider in my category and just to help get some more exposure out there for the new shop.

The more I think about this the more I think that this weekend is going to hurt and next weekend is going to be some major recovery time.

I've been working on a new blog. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it yet. I've just had some different ideas and trying to put something else together. I've named it "The Cycling Abattoir".

Harp

No comments: