Sunday, May 3, 2009

Active Recovery

Today is really more about a quick recovery from yesterdays race in preparation for the next race in 6 days. I was able to get out and meet up with Ryan for about 2 1/2 hours of saddle time riding through Wilderness Park. We kept the pace pretty chill again since both of us were just recovering from yesterdays race. I actually felt pretty good and probably could have pushed it a bit harder than I did. Part of me kind of wishes that I we would have gone out to Branched Oak to ride better trails. That is really one thing that a lot of riders have is better singletrack courses to train on where in Lincoln all we got is Wilderness and it is pretty much flat and not technically challenging. My goal is to try to spend more time training offroad at Branched Oak which is only a quick 20-25 min drive from my house.

The rest of my day will be spent hanging with the kids. They both have sports today to go to. We will also spend some more time playing badmitton. My wife for some reason wanted to get it and we are having a pretty good time playing it as a whole family. My son is really enjoying it with his aggressive style.

I'm hoping to be able to get out tomorrow and on Tuesday for some intensity work before starting to taper for the race. I hope to have a good week of riding in before the race. Later.

Harp

No comments: