Monday, June 1, 2009

Jelly Belly Recovery

I was curious when I went to bed last night how I was going to feel today when I woke up. I was surprised to find that I wasn't in too bad of shape. My right knee was a bit stiff but not bad but the new thing was my shoulder was a bit sore. On one of the crashes yesterday I landed pretty had on it so I'm not surprised.

I took the day off the bike for the most part to give my body some time to heal before I start to train again. I do have a Crit race on Sunday but I view these as training and my next mountain bike race isn't until the following Sunday. I did go out for about 15 minutes on the bike with my wife and kids and cruised the neighborhood. I was happy to feel no pain when pedaling. I did do a small sprint with my son and I could feel that in my legs but for the most part pretty good.

I have also found a new addiction. A while ago I was looking for a small sweet snack to hinge that craving for something sweet without eating a huge pile of junk. I came across some jelly bellys in the store and thought that would be good plus they support a pro team and I like to support companies that support cycling. Well I have been snacking on them for a while now and I think I've got a problem. I'm eating them all the time. I try to keep it at a minimum but I did buy a small bag while getting gas yesterday and ate the whole thing on the way home. I think I was comforting myself after the race a bit. I find that I comfort myself with food all the time after racing. I guess there could be worse snacks. I eat about 5 at a time which is about is only about 20 calories with none of them coming from fat.

Tomorrow should be a good training day the pcl is starting up it's Tuesday Night Crits again. I'm looking forward to getting beaten around by some of the local fast roadies. Later.

Harp

No comments: