Saturday, October 13, 2007

Caught In the Rain

When I got home yesterday I was pretty anxious to get out and hit Wilderness Park. It had been a couple of days since I had any saddle time and the park would finally be dry enough to ride. I couldn't even remeber last time that was. So I got home and had to take care of some stuff with my wife and was on my way. It was a bit overcast outside but I had looked at ethe forecast on Thursday and it said no rain until Saturday so I thought that I was good. I was wrong. Hit the park and the trails where nice except for a few spots which I just rode around. I got to the end of my lap where when I am pressed for time which I was because it was getting dark I usually take a rail trail home. Instead since it had been so long since I had been in the park I decided to go back through the way I came. About 1/2 way through it started to rain and thunder. I was in a spot where I couldn't get out so I had to just ride in the grass through the park until I reached the trail head. I got out on the rail trail and headed towards home(still 4+ miles away) and I start to notice lots of lightning. I was out in the middle of this open field on my bike just waiting to get hit by lightning but I made it home very wet and agitated. I'm tired of the rain and just want to be able to get out and ride some trails once in a while. I'm sure the park is back into its swamp state and will stay that way for a while due to the rain yesterday and today and it looks like it could rain the next 3 days. O well know I have vented my frustrations. Thanks for putting up with it. Here are some pictruses of my dirty bike from yesterdays ride in the storm. This is nothing compared to what it looked like when I left the park and it got a little washed from the downpour I was in on the bison trail.

No comments: