Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Help Wanted

I need some advice or some thoughts from anyone who reads this. I have been thinking about getting a road bike. I reallr want one actually. I have heard that they are good for training especially in the areas that I need to focus on like aerobic ability. I have always been on the fence between getting a road bike or saving and getting a new mtb in another year or so. As I ahve been thinking about it with a few small upgrades the Bolinas Ridge would definetly get me through another season or two and I think that I would really like a road bike. I have picked out a resonably price 07 marin portofino that I could get from the shop(I think I need to check and see if they still have one in my size). I ahve been thinking of ways to get some extra cash to make this purchase so I talked my wife into letting me keep all of the extra money I earn from helping out my friend in his restaurant and I have been selling some of the stuff that I have that I don't need or want anymore on ebay. Let me know your thoughts. I need to know if this is a good idea or not. Please help. Later.

Harp

3 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Go for it. You just can't have enough variety in bikes. They all do something different and keep things fresh and interesting.

-B

shadetreewrench said...

Looks like a pretty good deal. Having a different bike will help strengthening your body in a different range of motion.

This isn't necessary realated to buying a bike, but you might find this enjoyable.

http://www.rivbike.com/article/misc/tips_for_happy_riding

Cycling Phun said...

I think you should go for it and buy one of the wonderful Team Discovery Trek's on ebay. I mean, really, whats 10K +?