Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Song of the Season

I've decided I need to start something new for the blog. I listen to my MP3 player when I'm riding my road bike and I thought I'd start sharing the music I particularly like to listen to when pounding out miles on the road. The first one is the song of the season. It is "the air that I breathe" by All the Remains. I've liked this song for a while but after going back and reading the lyrics it has become my "song of the season" for 2009. They just seem to fit well with my train of thought. This will be the song in my head during races. Sometimes with this kind of music the lyrics are not the easiest to understand all of them so here is the part that I really think fit for me:

I will not relent no no Never live with defeat, never falter It's like the air that I breathe(like the air I breathe) I will not choke on failure And I will not choke on failure
I am a mortal man But I'm not falling, I'm not broken yet I am a mortal manBut I hold tight to my beliefs now
I have suffered defeat, pain, loss Still I push to the edge, never falter For this cements my beliefs (this cements my beliefs)I'll remain my own master
I will not relent no no Never suffer defeat, never falter For this cements my beliefs (this cements my beliefs)I will not choke on failure
here's the video:




As for riding tonight my plan was to crush my wilderness mountain bike loop. The goal wasn't to try to break my personal best but to get a good strong ride in. My time ended up being 1:15:06. Close to my best. Later.

Harp

No comments: