Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Painful Training

So I went out to the PCL Crits tonight to try to get in a good solid training effort and not get dropped every lap like I did last week. The only problem with was that yesterday after I got home from a short ride I noticed something was a little painful when I was sitting on the saddle.

Now I am usually a very reserved person and pretty modest but I'm sure I'm not the first person that's had to deal with the ever so painful saddle sore. This was the first time I've had to deal with this and it f*&%ing kills.

As I was getting ready to leave I was worried about how I was going to deal with this but it didn't bother me to much at work but as soon as my butt hit the saddle it was instant pain and discomfort but for some reason I kept going. On the ride out to the location I was able to find a spot on the saddle that wasn't to painful. When I got out to the course and we got started I just couldn't get down in the drops and find a comfortable spot so I ended kind of sitting halfway on the saddle and half off but after a couple of laps I started to have a lot of pain in my left leg ( the side more on the bike) from sitting in an akward position so I pulled out of the group so I could stand up and coast for a second. I probably should have just gone home at that point but I'm not that smart and just kept trying to jump back on the group with more of the same result.

I was pretty disappointed that I had another bad week at the crits but hopefully I can have a better showing next week. I've been doing some research on how to deal with this problem and I found a couple of forums on mtbr.com that I think I got some good info that I'm going to give a try.

Again sorry for the not so pleasant post but I figure I talk about everything else.

No comments: