Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pushing into the wind

I've been getting quite a bit of riding in this past week. I've been on spring break from school and have been taking full advantage. I've been heading out with some teammates to put in my longer rides in my training plan. Yesterday I headed out with Jason on our road bikes and powered into the strong winds blowing out of the south for what seemed like most of the ride. One thing is though that the speed of the road bikes with that strong wind at our backs is addicting. Yesterday I put in 2+ hours.

Today I headed out with Ryan on the mtbs to check out some new trails that have been built at stagecoach lake. We left from the shop and it was a good jaunt out to the lake. After we got to the lake it didn't take long to figure out that the trails were unrideable. I thinks it's going to be a while before we get to ride them. We decided to check out the lake and see what else was out there. We stopped at one of the decks going out onto the lake and then on our way out we came across an old cemetary that only had a few stones in it and most of them were really old.

The problem for me came when we turned to head home. The wind today was just as bad or worse today and we had to go into it the entire way back. It killed me. I was struggling most of the way just to keep up with Ryan. I got an awesome workout in but my legs are finished. It will be interesting to see how tomorrows zone 5 intervals go.

Here's a few pics I snapped today:
the bikes taking a break
Ryan also taking some pics

the cemetary. this was the only modern looking stone

the rest looked like this and most of them dated back in the 1870's and 1880's
Later
Harp

No comments: